The European Institute of Japanese Studies, Stockholm
- Patrik Ström, PhD, Econ. Dr
T: +46 31 772 81 82
W: Personal page at The European Institute of Japanese Studies
About Patrick Ström
Patrik Ström received a Ph.D. in Business Administration from Roskilde University in 2003. In 2004 he obtained an Econ. Dr. in Economic Geography from the University of Gothenburg. In 2009, Ström was appointed Associate Professor (Docent) in Economic Geography at the School of Business, Economics and Law, University of Gothenburg. He has been a Visiting Researcher at Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA; University of British Columbia, Vancouver; Keio University, Tokyo; and Nippon Institute of Technology, Saitama. Patrik studies the inter-nationalization and competitiveness of the knowledge-intensive Japanese service industry in Europe and Asia. Currently Patrik is working with the European Institute of Japanese Studies, Stockholm School of Economics. He is conducting research on services and the green economy with focus on Japan and Europe.
- Internationalisation of Japanese professional business service firms
- The growing service economy of East Asia
- The internationalisation and strategy of new international ventures in the digitally based economy.
- Bramklev, C. & Ström, P. (2011) A conceptualization of the product/service interface: Case of the packaging industry in Japan, Journal of Service Science Research, 3(1): 21-48.
- Ström, P. (2012) Guest Editorial: The Resilience of the Global Service Economy, the Service Industries Journal, 32(4): 499-502.
- Bryson, J.R, Rubalcaba, L. and Ström, P. (2012) Services, innovation, employment and organisation: research gaps and challenges for the next decade, The Service Industries Journal, 32(4): 641-655.
- Ström, P. and Ernkvist, M. (2012) Internationalisation of the Korean online game
- industry: exemplified through the case of NCsoft, International Journal of Technology and Globalisation, 6(4): 312-334.
- Dolles, H., Alvstam, G. and Ström, P. (2013) Guest Editorial: The changing competitive landscape in Euro-Asia business, Asian Business & Management, 12(5): 499-502.
- Alvstam, Claes G., Harald Dolles and Patrik Ström (2014) Asian Inward and Outward FDI: New Challenges in the Global Economy, Houndmills, Basingstoke Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Ström, P. and Ernkvist, M. (2014) Product and Service Interaction in the Chinese Online Game Industry, Technology Innovation Management Review, May 2014.
- Ström, P. and H. R. Nakamura (2014) Chinese Acquiring Japanese: Motives and Patterns of Chinese Outward M&A to Japan, Asia Pacific Management Review, 19(2):299-320.
- Alvstam, C.G., Ström, P. and Jones, A. (2016) Multilatinas and the growing service economy in Latin America: A challenge for EU-Latin American business relations, European Review of Service Economics and Management,European Review of Service Economics and Management, (1): 175-197
- Robert Wentrup, Patrik Ström and H. Richard Nakamura (2016) Digital oases and digital deserts in Sub-Saharan Africa, Journal of Science & Technology Policy Management, Vol. 7 Iss: 1, pp.77 – 100
- Wentrup, Robert; Xu, Xiangxuan; Nakamura, H.; Ström, Patrik (2016) Crossing the digital desert in Sub-Saharan Africa – does policy matter? Policy & Internet, DOI: 10.1002/poi3.123
- Alvstam, C.G., Kettunen, E. and Ström, P. (2016) The Service Sector in the Free Trade Agreement between the EU and Singapore: Closing the gap between policy and business realities, Asia Europe Journal, DOI 10.1007/s10308-016-0464-z
- Jones, A., Ström. P, Hermelin, B. and Rusten. G. (eds) (2016) Services and the Green Economy, Houndmills, Basingstoke Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Jones, A., & Ström, P. (2018). Asian varieties of service capitalism?, Geoforum, 90, 119-129.
- Ernkvist, M., & Ström, P. (2018). Differentiation in digital creative industry cluster dynamics: the growth and decline of the Japanese video game software industry. Geografiska Annaler: Series B, Human Geography, 1-24.
- Yakob, R., Nakamura, H. R., & Ström, P. (2018). Chinese foreign acquisitions aimed for strategic asset-creation and innovation upgrading: The case of Geely and Volvo Cars. Technovation, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.technovation.2018.02.011
- Wentrup, R., Nakamura, R.H. and Ström, P. (2018) Uberization in Paris – the issue of trust between a digital platform and digital workers, Critical Perspectives on International Business, https://doi.org/10.1108/cpoib-03-2018-0033