In 2012, RESER was pleased to launch the RESER Founders’ PhD Award to recognize the 2 best PhD papers presented at the annual RESER International Conference. Since that year, this award have been granted , on an annual basis, being each year’s winners announced at the RESER’s annual conference.
Currently, the prize consists of a sum of 500 € for the best one and 300 € for the second one.
This award will be renewed each year.
Object of the award
The main objective of the RESER Founders’ PhD Award is to recognise and reward the academic value of promising young scholars and facilitate the widest diffusion of their research activities within the RESER community and beyond.
This initiative is intended to reinforce the RESER support to young scholars who demonstrate high research skills and strong interests in service-related issues as well as to consolidate the RESER brand internationally (see cognate initiative RESER PhD Mobility Grant).
Conditions for 2019 edition
- Applicants for a RESER Founders’ PhD Award must be currently enrolled as a PhD student (2019) or have presented his or her dissertation in 2018.
- The awarded paper will have to be authored only by the PhD student(s).
- The paper can be written in English or in French language.
- The paper must go through the regular conference selection process carried out by the scientific committee. After its acceptation the paper has to be presented at the 2019 RESER conference in Ceuta.
- The applicant(s) must send a letter from his/her/their supervisor at the moment the application is submitted.
Applications and deadline
Applicants must send the final version of the paper by the 19th of July 2019.
The Award recipients will be contacted directly by the RESER Council and their name will be published on the RESER web page.
The Award recipients is required to properly acknowledge the RESER support on her personal and/or institutional web site and on any published and working version of the paper awarded.
- The RESER Council will appoint a RESER Founders’ PhD Award Selection Committee composed by council members and external evaluators.
- The Committee evaluates all the papers submitted and makes its recommendation to the Council.
- The assessment of the papers is based on the scientific quality, the originality of the research and the relevance of the field of research.
History: The former winners
- Maria Raquel Sousa, from Instituto Universitário de Lisboa (ISCTE-IUL) / DINAMIA’CET-IUL, Portugal, for the paper »An ecoservices retro-feedback contribution to green economy«
- At this year’s conference, exceptionally, the RESER PhD’s Founders Award was not granted.
- Michael Becker and Stephan Klingner, Institut für Angewandte Informatik e.V, Germany, for their paper »Towards method fragments for service engineering«
- Kirsy Hyytinen, from VTT, Finland, for her paper »Governance for collaborative development of service and system innovations«
- Milena Jael Silva Morales from, Grenoble University, France, for her paper »L’innovation dans les services publics à l’aide des TICS dans le contexte des smart cities«
- Puneet Kaur, from Aalto University, Finland, for her paper: »Influencing user participant in Facebook-based brand communities«
- Mareike Möhlmann, from Hamburg University, Germany, for her paper »Collaborative Consumption – Determinants of Satisfaction and the Likelihood of Using a Sharing Option Again«
2013 Aix en Provence
- Luna Leoni, from University of Rome »Tor Vergata«, Italy, for her paper: »Adding Services means Adding Knowledge: The Successful Case of the IBM Corporation«. www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/full/10.1108/BPMJ-07-2014-0063
2012 in Bucharest (Romania)
- Sen BAO, PHD student in VTT technical research center of Finland, for his paper »The Emerging Service Business in China – An Opportunity and a Challenge to Western Companies«
- Shamim Bodhanya , PHD student UKZN , South Africa, for the paper »The Challenges of Service Provision and Economic Development in South Africa«, available in Amfiteatrueconomic Review, www.amfiteatrueconomic.ro/RevistaDetalii_EN.aspx?Cod=50